Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Father's Day










This past weekend we celebrated Father's Day for Dad. He's leaving on Friday for Kirby's wedding in South Dakota so we decided to celebrate a week early. On Saturday me and Dad hung out most of the morning as Mom had to go into work. We spent lots of time outside as the weather was really nice. I really like this summer time thing but Mom and Dad keep putting this stupid hat on me so I don't get sunburned (Makes me look like a Fisherman). I'm getting closer and closer to trying to take those first steps but I'm still a little afraid of not holding onto anything. My Tonka truck has been a life-saver as I can hold onto that and push it around the neighborhood with worrying about falling. I did have my first experience with hitting my head on the concrete this weekend but I was ok (I'm tough). I thought Father's Day was for Dad but I found out this weekend that I get gifts too!!! Nana and Papa Berger bought me a car seat a few months back but I've been too small to fit into until now. I can't believe how much I enjoy the car rides now. I get to look straight out the car like Mom and Dad and I finally am feeling like a big boy. On Sunday Grandma and Grandpa Finch, Uncle Ryan and Katherine all came over for Dad's dinner. We had a good time hanging outside as the weather was nice out. Grandpa was making me laugh again with his funny stories and Uncle Ryan was flipping me upside down all afternoon. I always have fun when they come over. Dad flies out on Friday morning to Bismarck to see Nana and Papa and then leaves for South Dakota later that day. I wish I were going too because i really miss them but hopefully they'll be out later this summer and I can show them how much I've grown up. Have a fun weekend Dad and say hi to Nana and Papa for me..





Davis

No comments: